Welcome to Franklin Gear Membership!!!
We are excited that you are with us!
When signing up for a monthly membership plan before we are officially open for business we'd like you to know:
- Your early membership is helping get the non-profit Franklin Gear Makerspace off the ground!
- Most makerspaces build slowly. The first shop open is typically the woodshop. Not only is it popular, it will help us build the rest of the makerspace!
- And so do our members! Volunteering to help construct elements of the makerspace is a great way to feel connected and give back to our community. Many lasting friendships grow from being in the trenches together!
- We acquire new equipment as soon as we are able. Cash donations from business and individuals help move the process along the quickest. Seeking a grant is another common way to pay for new equipment. However, with the application writing and approval process necessary, it can take a little longer.
- We do take donations of new and like-new used equipment. Please talk with any of our board members if you are interested. We appreciate all offers, however, we have to ensure such equipment meets the need of the members - and make sure we have room in the floorplan for it!
As we grow...
As we grow, so will the offering of members-only content on our website. We will eventually have a live calendar where members can reserve time with specific equipment, so they can get the most out of each visit! While reservations are not necessary for stopping in anytime to make stuff, this calendar will show when key equipment is unavailable due to heavy usage, a class or maintenance and repairs.